Best Chapter Award
The Best Chapter Award was established in 2012 by the Geo-Institute to recognize Chapters’ accomplishments for its members and its community. The winning Chapter will receive a visit from a nationally recognized speaker to present at a local meeting, and the Chapter’s accomplishments will be highlighted through an article in GEOSTRATA magazine.
Nominations will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Communicating effectively with local Geo-practitioners (emails, web sites, newsletters)
- Holding well-attended regular meetings
- Providing quality presentations on current technical subjects
- Providing relevant ethics presentations
- Interacting with ASCE and other affiliated Organizations
- Interacting with and supporting G-I Graduate Student Organizations
- Providing scholarships to geotechnical students
- Leading or participating in active K-12 outreach programs
- Hosting or participating in regional geotechnical seminars
- Sponsoring public service/awareness activities
- Championing sustainability principles and awareness
- Setting and achieving healthy membership goals
To apply for the award, please submit:
- A cover letter, signed by the current Chair of the Chapter
- A letter summarizing how the Chapter has performed in each of the areas listed in the Criteria section. Additional supporting information (ex. Presentations, announcements, membership numbers, sponsorships, etc.) may be included as an attachment to the letter.
Please send your completed application to Diane Swecker at DSwecker@asce.org or Geo-Institute of ASCE, ATTN: Diane Swecker, 1801 Alexander Bell Dr., Reston, VA 20191.
Download the nomination form.
The application deadline is February 1.